Question:
Every animal has a purpose in nature. what is the purpose of musquitos?
2005-12-11 19:25:33 UTC
Every animal has a purpose in nature. what is the purpose of musquitos?
Three answers:
dr. d.
2005-12-14 14:46:30 UTC
Animals (or any organism) do not have a "purpose" except in our own heads. They eat other organisms and are eaten themselves by other organisms. They have other kinds of interactions too. Sometimes these interactions considered all together are called an animal's "role" in an ecosystem, or more properly its "niche" (where and how it lives).

Different species of mosquitos have different niches but they all provide food for some organisms, and they eat other organisms (when they are young and living in water). They also provide a way for some organisms (like malaria) to move from one host to another - we don't like this, but the malaria depend on it.
Sconu
2005-12-14 20:44:46 UTC
Mosqitoes are infamous for their ability to spread several different diseases including malaria and HIV. From a human perspective this hardly seems useful in any way, but it is very helpful if you are the organism that causes the disease. These organism exists as living beings and, like all other creatures on earth, they strive to continue existing. So, the 'purpose' of the mosquite is to aid in the surival of certian microorganisms.
goodnaturedguy33
2005-12-18 03:12:56 UTC
Or as I heard this hypothetical once. Once upon a time a very long time ago, a mosquito bit a warthog and gave it a terminal desease. This warthog, if it had not died would have killed "Adam". So that mosquito is one of the millions of reasons we are here.